ADULT FILMS. CONDOMS. HEALTH REQUIREMENTS. INITIATIVE STATUTE.
OFFICIAL TITLE AND SUMMARY
PREPARED BY THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
- Requires performers in adult films to use condoms during filming of sexual intercourse.
- Requires producers of adult films to pay for performer vaccinations, testing, and medical examinations related to sexually transmitted infections.
- Requires producers of adult films to obtain state health license, and to post condom requirement at film sites.
- Imposes liability on producers for violations, on certain distributors, on performers if they have a financial interest in the film involved, and on talent agents who knowingly refer performers to noncomplying producers.
- Permits state, performers, or any state resident to enforce violations.
SUMMARY OF LEGISLATIVE ANALYST'S ESTIMATE OF NET STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT FISCAL IMPACT:
- Likely reduction of state and local tax revenues of several million dollars per year.
- Increased state costs that could exceed $1 million annually to license and regulate adult film production and to enforce workplace health and safety rules. These costs would be offset to some extent by new fee revenue.
Back to the Top